Wednesday, January 13, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...


There are a few things in life that are simply better then the rest. I am one of them, and the following foods are also on the list. I am a snob with it comes to a few foods. I am so brand loyal to these companies that if the market ever catches up with them and starts producing equally as good products, I will probably still swear by these brands alone. They are consistent. Shockingly, not always the best. Sometimes another will come along for a one time showing or a brief novelty... but my favorites are the ones that have proven themselves; that have made the cut; that are THE BEST.

In no particular order, here they are:

Heinz Ketchup:
John Kerry knew what he was doing. Other ketchup tastes like plastic & yes, I know what plastic tastes like. The only exception here is McDonalds ketchup, and it probably is Heinz, I just don't want to look it up and find out.


Savannah Bee Company Honey:
I really love honey and all the different flavors it can be. I love the concept that different flower/bee combinations produce completely different outcomes. I love that some honey is rare and that it is a regional food. I also love to collect honey from my world travels; I am a connoisseur of sorts. And I tell you, Savannah makes the best honey. My favorite right now is Winter White. But they are all drool worthy.


Dietz and Watson Whole Grain Dijon Mustard:
Spicy, crunchy, bold. Whats not to love?


Now, dang, who knew that condiments were really an issue for me? Anyway, moving on to other foods:

Grown Up Cereal:
I hate kid cereal. Even when I was a kid, I hated it. Here are my favorites, they are the only ones I will buy and I will NEVER buy the store brand, unless its trader joes, otherwise store brands are yucky.


And, will you look at that, they are all Post Cereals, really, I had no idea they were all the same maker. Apparently I hate General Mills, who knew? Ok next...

King Arthur Flour:
It really makes a massive difference when baking. Its a couple bucks more per bag, so really the one time use cost difference is nominal. Another thing I like about this brand is they publish recipes on their site and blog that don't disappoint.


Thats all for now, perhaps another installment will come soon enough, but for now I ask: what are your loyal products?




No comments:

Post a Comment